Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Life Is Good

The sixty degree weather this week is definately a welcome change! We are loving it here - the pups included! This is my Great Dane, Anderson. He is not an outdoor dog...atleast not in the winter time. But, yesterday it was like new life had been breathed into him. He was running and rolling around in the grass... Talking about a hard guy to photograph! I like to get pics at his eye level, but when I get low, he thinks its an invitation to play. "Play" to him means pinning me to the ground and holding me there as long as he likes...and licking my face and biting me in a fashion similar to nibbling rows of corn-on-the-cob. Its insane...laughter and panic all rolled into one! He plays and loves enthusiastically!

Finally he located an old bone in the yard - from who knows what or where - and I get a few shots. For him...pure bliss. Warm weather. Soft grass. Tasty bone. Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey,

    We are enjoying the first signs of Spring here too. What a fun picture of the dog.
    Have a great week.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, I love this shot of Anderson - he's great and I cannot wait to see it in person... wow, tussling with a Great Dane....how much does this big boy weigh? He's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shot!!!! I can never get a good one of my dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pup!!! Fabulous angle!! : )

    I have learned that a good way to "get on their level" is to shoot from the hip... basically holding the camera down instead of actually getting down. This also helps you be able to move around quickly too... and can be good if a pup prefers to be able to see your face instead of that crazy beeping thing! And it definitely helps with the getting bowled over by pup thinking that you want to play!

    ReplyDelete