Sunday, February 21, 2010

Go Confidently in the Direction of Your Dreams...

When I first glance at this image, I feel the goose is moving swiftly away from something. Is that a matter of the cup being half empty or half full? I wonder about what I am moving away from in my life... away from pain of losing loved ones, doing my taxes, denial of the state of our economy (I'm in real estate, of all careers), bad habits, junk food.... or am I moving away from some good things?... like spending more time reading my Bible and in prayer, embracing the opportunity to live a more simple meaningful way of life, helping those in need, the pursuit of my dreams and love of photography... or opening my heart to love? It doesn't make sense that we would move away from good things, does it? But we do, because good things in life can also bring feelings of fear and inadequacy and they sometimes come packaged with great responsibility. Often its easier to go the other way, or stay in our safe, although mediocre, corner of the world. I'm reminded of the saying "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take". Its true. So why are we so afraid to step up to the plate and take a swing at life? Or, several swings for that matter! Why are we so hesitant to move swiftly toward all the good stuff? Cautious...
I'll bet there were some children feeding the geese on the other side of the pond, and this spruce goose wasn't wasting any time getting there! He wasn't going away from anything...he was simply moving swiftly toward something good. As Thoreau said so well... "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the live you've imagined." As we begin a new week, here's to moving confidently forward!

2 comments:

  1. Stace - YES! It's about moving forward, looking up, while trying not to look down...great message to start the week. Which reminds me I need to get into the studio! lys - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Stacey,

    You are so right in this post. I think we do sometimes move away from the good things out of fear and the unknown. We aren't getting any younger and as a good friend reminds me "Life is not a do over." We need to keep chasing those dreams and not look back. Thanks for the reminder.

    Have a great week.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete