Saturday, February 6, 2010

Symbols, Signs and Salvage

I regret not capturing an image of the recliner with the stuffed man just behind the right side of the gate..

Something about a shotgun...

And I mean it!

Two locks are always better than one!

Bad Bulls..

Wire butterfly with beads

No trespassing... I love the old box springs!

Do you think this really is the actual address?

I found this gate to some farm land on a backroad near my house. I have no idea why so much effort was put forth to confuse passers-by like myself with all the symbols, signs and salvage... but nonetheless the display definately caught my attention. I hope whoever reads this post finds these images as interesting and entertaining as I do... I'm just grateful I didn't get shot while taking them! I'm not trying to express deep meaning between the lines of this text or within these pictures - unless, that is, they evoke something for you... then I want to hear about it!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, someone is agoraphobic! I la la love the lock photo. Something about rust gets me everytime! I love the different colors of it in contrast with the white of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dewin.. I just saw your photo boxes on your Etsy page. I LOVE THEM!! I've never tried to paint a photo, but I absolutely love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stace, I love this series of photos...I like to think that despite all the hostility and threatening signs, the person behind all this salvage has created a unique display that is plainly as humorous as it is disturbing...

    I love seeing the world through your lens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacey,

    This post cracks me up! I moved to the South 3 years ago and this is exactly what you could see anywhere. I am sure that the owner is very proud of their so called artwork here. Very interesting!

    I really enjoyed the way you altered these photos. it really added to the story!

    Take Care,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Tammy! I had alot of fun taking these pics. I used a Lensbaby for most of them, and also a 50mm fixed lens. If you've never used or heard of a Lensbaby, you should check it out www.lensbaby.com. It can make even the most common photo very interesting. I especially liked it for these pics because it gave them a mysterious feel. I grew up in a small town east of here where Laura Ingalls Wilder is wrote her books and is laid to rest. I hope to write some posts soon about this part of our Ozarks history also. Thanks for reading!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Stacy, thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Beautiful photography, what a talent! Take care, Riki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Riki! I love your jewelry...especially the viking knit nest bracelet. I'm putting it on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete